The FirstQ® system is designed to assist staff in facilities where care is provided to people who may present wandering risks. This is a selective alarm system that is usually installed on exterior doors, in hallways or on elevator doors. If a resident wearing a FirstQ® bracelet signalling device passes through a monitored area, an alarm sounds to alert staff of a possible departure. The WanderGuard alarm will continue to sound until staff respond to the door to reset the alarm. The WanderGuard system alarms only for the resident wearing the bracelet signalling device; everyone else can pass through the monitored area without sounding the alarm.
The WanderGuard® FirstQ® notifies staff by sounding an alarm when a monitored resident passes through a monitored door or hallway. The WanderGuard® system provides increased independence in a secure and caring environment.
- Pre- Alert Alarm: Helps monitor wandering incidents BEFORE they occur.
- Digital Electronics: Enhances system performance providing maximum reliability.
- EMI supervisory testing and alarm indication ensures system dependability.
- Monitors hallways, lifts and doorways providing 24-hour protection for residents and staff.
- Discreet signalling device protects residents for 3 months.
- Control Unit – 21.6 cm x 10.8 cm x 4.4 cm
- Antenna Modules – 25.4 cm x 6.4 cm x 3.8 cm
- Pulsing Piezo Buzzer
- 95 dBA (min) @ 30.5 cm
- Push Button Reset
- Key Reset
- Digital Keypad
- Bumper Guards
- Remote Annunciators
- Passive Infrared Detectors
Selective / Non-selective Modes:
The FirstQ® System (WanderGuard® System) can be switched to a non-selective alert, which alarms whenever the door is opened. This is often used for night monitoring of all door traffic.